This is a very brief overview on Roberts Rules and how they are used in preschool meetings.
Starting a meeting
- “The meeting will come to order.”
Making a motion
- “Motion to accept minutes.”
- “Motion to approve the budget as outlined…”
- Needs a first and second person to raise hand.
Putting a motion to a vote
- “The question is on the motion to approve the budget as outlined…”
- “All those in favour, raise your hand.”
- “All those opposed, raise your hand.”
- “Any abstentions?”
- “Motion adopted/lost.”
- Quorum is 50% of voting members.
- In order to pass a vote 75% of members present must be in favour.
- “[Name] is nominated for the position of secretary. Do you accept?”
- “Are there any other nominations? Are there any other nominations? Are there any other nominations?”
- “[Name] is elected secretary.”
Ending a meeting
- “Any other business?”
- “Meeting is adjourned.”