A parent participation preschool is organized by a group of families with similar philosophies who hire a trained teacher to provide their children with a quality preschool experience. Parents, children, and their teachers all learn together.
Learning Through Play
At Lambrick Park Preschool & Childcare, we provide a learning environment where children learn through play. It is through play that many of the necessary skills for later life are developed.
A play-based curriculum does the following:
- supports the development of the whole child–socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually,
- allows for the recognition of each child’s unique learning style, abilities and developmental level, and
- allows for hands on learning, where the curriculum can emerge from the children’s interests, needs and desires, which makes learning concrete and meaningful.
Central to our program is the belief that:
- children thrive in an atmosphere of trust where they are provided with support in a safe and gentle environment, and
- a child’s self-esteem and ability to learn are interdependent.
Our Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) provide appropriate guidance for all children in order to create a safe and healthy learning environment.
Children in parent-participation preschool programs are encouraged to become self-disciplined as they learn appropriate and acceptable ways to treat themselves and others and their environment. Our ECEs are responsible for the preschool program, including the guidance of children.
The ECEs and parents in parent-participation preschools are both
- be caring and respectful to all children, using appropriate verbal and physical interaction,
- provide clear, consistent limits,
- use verbal direction and redirection for guidance, stating expectations in a positive fashion allowing the children time to respond,
- recognize and encourage positive behaviours,
- validate children’s feelings,
- encourage children to use adults as a resource when having difficulty, and
- supervise children at all times.
Parent participation preschools adhere to the Ministry of Health handbook, Guidance and Discipline with Young Children.
Allergy Safe Zone
We support children with life-threatening allergies.